COQUITLAM COLLEGE DURING COVID-19: Health & Safety Guidelines, information, resources & more re: studying during COVID-19 Read more

College transfer credit courses

In British Columbia, for example, many Coquitlam graduates transfer directly to THE University of British Columbia (UBC), Simon Fraser University (SFU), University of Victoria (UVic), University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC), or royal University (RRU)。Over the years, our close partnership with the University of British Columbia has, in particular, ensured a smooth transition for our students into UBC undergraduate programs。

Our course content and regulations are modelled on British Columbia's research university as defined in the British Columbia Admissions and Transfer Sub-System (BCCAT)。We regularly review both to ensure that we maintain the highest standards expected of these institutions。To see how coquitlam programs are transferred to all universities in British Columbia, please visitBCCAT官网。

Associate of Arts degree

Full-time students in the Associate of Arts degree are eligible to work a maximum of 20 hours per week。Full-time students are also eligible to apply for the Canadian Graduate Work Visa (PGWP) once they have completed their degree。At the end of their first year of full-time employment, graduates are eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency。

To learn more


Admission conditions

High school diploma or school completion certificate is required to apply for university transfer credit courses。Some college transfer courses may require one semester or more of additional preparation to meet the English requirements。

If you are not a native speaker of English, you can demonstrate that you have achieved the required university level of English proficiency by submitting a minimum score on the following tests:

  • Toefl IBT 86 points or computer 230 points
  • Toefl 570 (paper-based) or 230 (computer-based)
  • Minimum score of 60 on the Canadian Academic English Proficiency Test (CAEL)
  • The minimum ielts score is 5, and the minimum writing section is 6.0分
  • The average score for PTE was 60, and the minimum score for writing was 60

Students who do not have any of the above results may be required to take the Coquitlam College English Entrance Examination。

Individual courses may have additional requirements

You may need to take more than one semester of English courses to qualify for admission to a university transfer credit program。

Student counseling

If you want to communicate directly with the student advisor (in English or Chinese), please call:

604-939-6633 8:30 am to 4:00 PM (Vancouver Time)
778-895-5323 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Vancouver Time)

Know your transfer options

To learn how coquitlam credits are transferred to universities in British Columbia, please check the British Columbia Admissions and Transfer Sub-System (BCCAT) atLine transfer credit guide